Skip to main content

30701 Field Flowers LEGO Review - Botanical, 2025



Small but interesting.


TL;DR:

  • Original Price:  $4.97
  • Pieces: 77
  • Minifigure(s): No
  • Sticker Sheet: No
  • Pros: Creative part use
  • Cons: Quick build

Assembly: 

 Leftover Pieces


  • Interesting Pieces:
    • The 22-toothed beveled gear pieces are interesting. This set was the first time I'd seen them, but since they've only ever been in vehicle sets since their introduction in 2023, that's hardly surprising. Their shape is unusual, and I could see them making for a nice tower roof or similar architectural embellishment, especially if they are ever made in other colors.

• Overall:  Like the other Botanical sets I've come across, this was a fairly repetitive build (especially putting together the head of the dandelion clock). While there are some interesting part uses (like having the 22-tooth gears as the dandelion flower) the rest is mostly just inserting and stacking. I appreciate how good they look (as I do with most of the Botanical line), I just don't find them to be that engaging of a build.

Still, the three plants in this polybag do look nice, and at $5 it's cheap enough that you could put them in a vase on an office desk without worrying too much if someone pinches them, or if parts fall off. I could also see combining a few polybags and thereby extend the stems of some blooms while shortening others, to make a fuller and more varied bouquet.

I'd say this is a good introduction to the Botanicals sets, and a cheap way to tell if that style of building is right for you. 

Score (out of 5 🧱):

  • Price: 🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱
  • Process: 🧱🧱
  • Presentation: 🧱🧱🧱🧱
  • Play: 🧱
  • Pieces: 🧱🧱🧱
  • Total: 🧱🧱🧱

Official Instructions: here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LEGO Illustration

Describing the process of designing two illustrations made of (digital) LEGO bricks.

RebrickMat 2.0 PRODUCT Review - 2025

Describing Rebrickable's RebrickMat 2.0, a great product for MOC makers.

75418 Star Wars Advent Calendar LEGO Review - Star Wars, 2025

A lamentably disappointing offering from a usually strong theme. Build your own Kijimi droidworks.